Monday, February 19, 2018

Powerless by Shelley Miller



Okay...I'm going to be honest...I can't review this book. I've tried...and I can't. There's just no way I can judge this thing properly. I either judge it too harshly or not harshly enough. There's just no happy medium that I can find where I can critique this book. So, yeah, I can't review it.

Because it's MY book!

That's right, this is my debut novel! Shelley Miller is the pen name I've chosen and the story is now complete. It's taken a lot of time and effort but it's finally ready, it's available for purchase, and I want the world to see it! That's right, the tables are turned. It's time for YOU all to review ME and my work for a change.

In my years as a reader and in the time I've been writing this blog and reviewing books, I've often come across the same things in YA literature: young girl acquires power, finds out she's the super-special-something-or-other, starts revolution, chooses one of several potential love interests, wins the day, the end. Well, in my own story, I didn't really want to do that. In this story, the girl doesn't find out she's special and any revolution she's about to start would be an absolute disaster. Here's a short blurb for you to read and get an idea of.

Promise Terrene lives in a world where one's power determines their destiny. As the daughter of some of the most powerful people in the world, she's expected nothing less then the best the world has to offer. But this isn't meant to be. Now, separated from her family and her future destroyed, Promise must learn to make her own way in a world far crueler than she could ever have known. But even as she is, there are still those who would try to use her for their own purposes. Promise must find her strength in a world that is not kind to the powerless.

So please, if you're interested, look it up! Give it a read! Tell me what you think. Tell your friends what you think. Any support you can provide would be wonderful. Thank you all very much for your continued support.

If you would like to read my book, Powerless, you can find it at:

Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Powerless-Shelley-Miller/dp/1543482546/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519062043&sr=8-1&keywords=powerless+by+shelley+miller

Xlibris: https://www.xlibris.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-001175242

 Please make sure to Follow Midnight Readings for instant updates. Have a book you'd like me to read or would like to make a recommendation? Contact me on goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/65448711-michelle-beer

Next Time: Which would you give up...your family or your future?

2 comments:

  1. First of all, congratulations on getting your first novel published, and good luck with it. Secondly, how long have you kept this under wraps? I had no idea you were interested in writing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ian! I’ve actually wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. It’s just taken me a long time to finally get the courage (and the resources) to publish something of my own. I’m super excited/nervous about it and it’s great to see this dream realized

    ReplyDelete