Monday, August 1, 2016

Introduction

Well, hello World!
I am but a humble Night Shift worker, like many out there. I love working the night shift at my job, but at times it can get a little...quiet. So I decided to turn to my old friends who never let me down: Books. I love books! They are the gateways to other worlds and experiences. On my breaks, while the world is at its most silent in the dead of night, I pop open a book to keep my mind racing and give me the energy to finish the shift.
Unfortunately, I haven't really had the time to talk about the books I read to anyone. The trouble with the night shift is that chances to socialize tend to slip away. I'm awake when people are asleep, I'm asleep when people are awake, when I'm not working, they are, etc. That's when I decided that this might be the best way for me to talk about the worlds I discover. Through this blog, I will discuss the books I've read and share my own personal opinions. For the most part, I read fantasy, young adult novels, but I'm looking to expanding on those horizons. I'm open to suggestions, and please bare in mind that anything I say about anything is strictly opinion-based.
At the end of every review I give each book one of these ratings as my Final Verdict:

Admittance to the Shelf of Recommendation-This is the highest ranking for books with little to no problems that I would suggest anyone and everyone look in to.

Worth the Money at your Local Bookstore-For good books that should be read and enjoyed, even if they aren't perfect

Wait for it on Paperback -For books that are fun, but flawed and don't necessarily need a place in your home.

Check it out at Your Local Library-For books that weren't exactly for me or exceptionally flawed and not quite something you might want to read but not own.

Admittance to the Waste Bin Of Despair-The lowest ranking for books that you don't need and shouldn't bother being read.


Have a book you'd like me to read or would like to make a recommendation? Contact me on goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/65448711-michelle-beer Please no erotica novels and try to keep the stories PG-13 or similar rating. Be warned: I do not pull punches! I am honest with my opinions and will stand by them but if I do no like something, I will make it known. I will post a link to my reviews on this blog and a link to it on Goodreads for easier access.

That's all I got so far. I hope you all join me for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I wanted to ask about a book review and didn't find any contact details so here I am in a comment. Here are the details:
    If you're looking for your next good book, may I suggest Super Me by my wife Jessica Dazzo. Yes, I may be biased but so far early ARC reviewers have been incredible with high praise. I'm including the details and if you would like an ARC for review please let me know and I will be happy to send one your way. Thanks for your time and for doing what you do as it helps independent authors so much 🙂


    Here are the details:
    Title: Super Me
    Author: Jessica Dazzo
    Cover: found here: https://jessicadazzo.com/library/super-me/
    GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40739975-super-me
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/jessicadazzo
    Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Super-Me-Book-1-ebook/dp/B07FBKGG4H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531510541&sr=8-1&keywords=jessica+dazzo
    Blurb: What does it mean when your mind goes rogue and starts making stuff up? For example, if you were to hear the radio talk to you—say your name and tell you to do something… that couldn’t be a good sign, right? Or when everyone keeps saying your ex-crush’s name in random conversation when you’re just really trying to get over the jerk because he’s actually terrible? Not good. Seventeen-year-old Faye Aldright has never quite fit in, but when she starts hearing and seeing things all wrong, it makes life so much harder. Faye knows she’s the cause of all of the intense, awkward, and sometimes explosive misunderstandings with her mom, best friend, and the new boy who she definitely hates. She knows it’s all in her mind and that for some reason, it’s turned against her. It’s trying to ruin her life. She just has to figure out how to fight the crazy in order to get her life back on track–in order to find out what’s really going on in her little town, because something is definitely going on. But how do you fight your mind? And what kind of person has their own mind as their nemesis?
    Formats available: mobi, pdf, open on others..?
    Publication Date: 7/20/2018 (Amazon pre-orders available now)
    Publisher: self-published by high quality
    Genre: YA contemporary paranormal

    ReplyDelete